Saturday, 8 July 2017

Ailsa Baby Hat


Knitting is basically all about how you use knit and purl stitches. I love playing around and making new combinations.
It keeps me interested in my craft. Sometimes I pull it back - sometimes I like the way it looks!
 
Hope you enjoy trying out this one!
 
Ailsa Baby Hat
 




Ailsa Baby Hat    ~  0 - 3 months

 
Tension:

20sts = 4”

Please note ~ this is not the usual tension for DK yarn and 4mm needles because extra stitches are made and then lost again whilst working the pattern.

Size:

Width:    6“ (15.5cm)   12“ (31cm) all around 
Height:   5¾“ (15cm)

 

Requires:

DK yarn ~ around 16g

4mm needles

 

Cast on 59sts

** Knit 4 rows

5th Row:        S1, p1, * yon, k1, yrn, p2, rep from * to end
6th Row:        S1, k1, * p3, k2, rep from * to end

7th Row:        S1, p1, * k3, p2, rep from * to end

8th Row:        S1, k1, *p3tog, k2, rep from * to end **

Repeat from ** to ** three times more

Knit 8 rows

 

Shape Crown

Row 1:          K2tog, * k5, k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12:     S1, knit to end

Row 3:          S1, * k4, k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Row 5:          S1, * k3, k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Row 7:          S1, * k2, k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Row 9:          S1, * k1, k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Row 11:        S1, * k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

Row 13:        S1, * k2tog, repeat from * to last st, k1

 
Cut off yarn, leaving a tail. Thread tail onto a needle and pass through remaining stitches. Pull to gather up.

Sew side seam. Weave in ends.
 
Ailsa Baby Hat
 
 
 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.

 

2 comments :

  1. That's a very pretty hat. I must remember to save it to my favourites when I am more awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are absolutely gorgeous im knitting for a mac millian charity sale next month and ive just knitted one of these x

    ReplyDelete